- Develop a plan to integrate automated testing into the testing process.
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation customized for your projects.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Learn approaches to enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Discover how to create automated test reporting and metrics
- Understand how to manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability
Pre-Qualification for the Advanced Certification Exam
In order to be eligible to take any of the Certified Tester—Advanced Level (CTAL) exams, potential examinees must:
- Submit proof of Certified Tester—Foundation Level (CTFL) certification
- Establish an account in the ASTQB WebAssessor
- While ASTQB no longer requires students to document a minimum of 3 years’ experience, it is still strongly recommended that students have relevant experience and an understanding of the Advanced level learning objectives.
CTAL exams are not given at the end of class. After pre-qualification is completed, students receive an ASTQB exam voucher good for one year to use at an exam center of their choice. To learn more about Advanced Tester Certification, or to schedule a personal certification planning consultation with one of our Training Advocates, contact our Client Support team.
The ASTQB (American Software Testing Qualifications Board) is currently offering free retakes of an ISTQB Advanced Level exam for professionals who meet certain criteria. To learn more about this offer, visit ASTQB.org.