The trajectory of Agile methods continues upwards and outwards; not only into new organizations and industries, but increasingly beyond the realm of technology. This is leading to a set of cascading challenges and opportunities that lie in the application of Agile values, principles and practices to non-software domains.
Business agility can be defined as the realization of value across the enterprise by applying the principles and practices of Agile that has revolutionized the world of information technology and project management over the past 20 years. The roots of business agility can be traced even further to Japan in the post-World War II era with Toyota and Lean manufacturing and is also echoed in some of the most recent innovations in business such as design thinking and crowd-sourcing.
This workshop will explore a jargon-free framework based upon lean and agile methods that is easily grasped and applied in non-software development contexts. Examples of real-world applications in human resources, marketing, real estate, education and more will be shared and discussed, and exercises will help participants plot out how these methods might be applied in their own personal contexts. Leave with tools and techniques for enabling and implementing business agility through the development of high performing teams, design thinking, experimentation, customer value discovery, and the acceleration of value through the entire value stream.
This class provides both the framework for understanding business agility as well as provides hands-on experience in many of the techniques used throughout the framework within the context of a complex scenario that echoes many of the factors that can be expected in today’s work environment. In addition, each participant will understand and internalize their role in the viability and success of business agility as individuals, as subject matter expertise workers and as leaders. Earn ICAgile’s ICP-BAF designation upon course completion.
Tools & Topics Explored
- Impact Mapping
- The Agile Kaleidoscope
- Journey Mapping
- Value Stream Mapping
- Customer Discovery
- Design Thinking
- Benefits-based HR
- PMO Leadership
- Outcome-based educational initiatives
- Employee engagement initiatives
Awareness: The Need for Business Agility
- Business Agility: Drivers, Criticality, Values, Principles & Dimensions
- Case for Change: Empowering Teams
- Case for Change: Customer Value and Continuous Learning
- Measures of Success
Designing the Future
- Creating space for optimal engagement and value creation
- Action Plans/Toolkits for Accelerating Business Agility
Compelling Vision, Focus, and Clarity of Purpose
New Ways of Thinking
- Developing a Growth Mindset
- Breaking Paradigms and Making Value Visible
- Relationship between complexity and Business Agility
- Recognizing and Managing Dilemmas, Paradoxes and Polarities
- Lean Systems Thinking
Design Thinking Approaches
- New and Differentiating Behaviors
- High-Performance Questions: Ask vs. Tell
- Experimenting and Hypothesis Testing
- Lean Startup and Canvases
- Kanban Values and Systems
- Iterative Framework and Sampling of Practices
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has the responsibility for delivering business outcomes within the organization and/or shaping organizational strategy in a changing environment. This is a non-IT based course, and all organizational roles & departments are invited to attend. From team members to leadership, everyone will benefit from this workshop.
Questions? 929.777.8102 [email protected]