- Discuss the importance of corporate culture and the economics of test and failure
- Learn proven test planning methods and techniques
- Learn to create customized Master Test Plans and Level-specific plans
- Explore the issues that affect the test strategy
- Discover a practical risk analysis technique to prioritize your tests
- Examine methods for measuring the test effectiveness of your organization
- Learn a set of estimating techniques to assist in your test planning
The Appropriate Test Strategy is Key
Test planning is essential to the success of any testing effort, but what really matters is the thought process used to create the test plan rather than the document itself. Communications and agreements reached during the creation of the test plan ultimately determine the success of the testing effort. This course focuses on how to achieve a consensus on important test strategy issues such as resource allocation, scheduling, risk prioritization, exit criteria, automation, etc.
A Proven Approach to Measurement
While good planning is vital, measuring our ability to execute those plans is equally important. This course presents the characteristics of good metrics, how to select the ones helpful for your project, and how to create a dashboard to track your execution of your plans. In addition, it presents a number of estimation techniques helpful in the planning process.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for Test Managers, Test Leads, experienced testers, and Project Managers who are concerned with developing a testing strategy for their organization. It is software methodology agnostic and focuses on the key thought processes necessary for planning, measuring, and estimating testing.