This course provides test engineers with advanced skills in test analysis, design, and execution. This hands-on course provides test engineers with the ability to define and carry out the tasks required to put the test strategy into action. The course will teach attendees how to analyze the system, taking into account the user’s quality expectations. They will learn how to evaluate system requirements as part of formal and informal reviews, using their understanding of the business domain to determine requirement validity. Attendees will know how to analyze, design, implement, and execute tests, using risk considerations to determine the appropriate effort and priority for tests. They will be able to report on testing progress and provide necessary evidence to support their evaluations of system quality. Attendees will learn how to implement a testing effort that supports the explicit and implicit testing objectives. We suggest that attendees hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate, especially if they intend to take the ISTQB exam, but non-certificate holders can also benefit from this course.
By the end of this course, an attendee should be able to:
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used
- Determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis
- Select and apply appropriate test techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria.
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to their testing activities
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed
- Work effectively in a usability testing team
- Effectively participate in requirements / user story reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products
- Improve the efficiency of the test process with the use of tools
The ISTQB® Certification Advanced Test Analyst Course expands on the test techniques and methods introduced in the ISTQB Foundation certification. This course covers the topics as defined in the 2019 Advanced Test Analyst Syllabus leading towards the Advanced Test Analyst certification. There are seven general topics covered; the testing process, test management, test techniques, testing software quality characteristics, reviews, defect management, and tools. The focus is on testing techniques and methods and understanding the requirements for testing the characteristics of software beyond functionality.
Specific techniques addressed include equivalence partitioning, boundary value testing, classification trees, decision tables, cause-effects diagrams, state diagrams and tables, pair-wise techniques, use cases, user stories, domain analysis, and experience-based and defect-based techniques. Additional focus is placed on the two non-functional aspects relating to software quality characteristics based on the ISO 9126 and include functionality and usability. Technical non-functional characteristics are included for familiarity and include reliability, efficiency, maintainability, and portability.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who have taken the ISTQB Certified Tester—Foundation Level training and wish to expand their knowledge and skills into more advanced areas
- Individuals who have received the ISTQB Foundation Level certification, have met the criteria for taking the advanced certification exams, and wish to prepare for those exams.
- Anyone wishing to learn more about advanced testing topics
Pre-Qualification for the Advanced Certification Exam
This course prepares you for the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst exam. After pre-qualification is completed, students will receive an exam voucher. The exam can be taken online from home/office or at a testing center. To schedule a personal certification planning consultation with one of our Training Advocates contact our Client Support team.