- Integrate testing into your software development process
- Establish a realistic test approach and strategy
- Understand the Test Manager’s role in reviews
- Plan, estimate, and schedule the testing effort
- Dynamically monitor, manage, and report testing activities
- Understand the Test Manager’s role in defect management
- Plan and implement test automation
- Measure test effectiveness and project progress
- Evaluate and improve your test process
- Develop new skills to lead your test team
The ISTQB® Advanced Tester Certification—Test Manager training course expands on the test techniques and methods introduced in the ISTQB Foundation certification course and addresses those areas of the ISTQB advanced syllabus specifically related to the Advanced Test Management certification.
The course focuses on the key areas that are vital for successful test management: the foundations of software testing, test management, standards and test improvement processes, and people skills.
Specific topics covered include testing as part of the software development lifecycle, metrics, test documentation, risk analysis, estimation, test management issues, test automation, process improvement models, individual skills for testers and managers, team dynamics, leadership, and motivation.
This course is filled with hands-on exercises to help you practice the methods and techniques taught in the course. This course covers the syllabus for the Advanced Test Management certification and will help you prepare for the exam.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who have taken the ISTQB Certified Tester—Foundation Level training and wish to expand their knowledge and skills into more advanced areas
- Individuals who have received the ISTQB Foundation Level certification, have met the criteria for taking the advanced certification exams, and wish to prepare for those exams.
- Anyone wishing to learn more about advanced testing topics
ISTQB® Certification & Exam
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) is the world's most widely-recognized certification of software testing skills and knowledge. Founded in 2002, the ISTQB is is a not-for-profit association that has issued more than 750,000 certifications in 129 countries around the globe. The ISTQB Software Tester Certification—Foundation Level (CTFL) is a prerequisite for the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager (CTAL-TM) exam. In order to be eligible to take any of the Certified Tester—Advanced Level (CTAL) exams, potential examinees must submit proof of Certified Tester—Foundation Level (CTFL) certification.
For public virtual classes, the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager (CTAL-TM) exam fee is an additional $260 and is not included in the course price. You have the option to add on this exam voucher when you register for the class. If you choose to add on the exam voucher, it will be emailed to you upon completion of the course. If you do not choose to add-on the voucher when purchasing this class, you must reach out to an exam provider directly if you wish to take an exam later.
For public virtual classes added on to a Techwell virtual conference pass purchase, the class fee includes the cost of an exam voucher which will be sent to you upon completion of the class. If you do not wish to take the exam, please reach out to customer service before or after completing this purchase. Voucher refunds will be allowed before the class start date.
For in-person public classes, the exam voucher is part of your course fee. The exam voucher and instructions will be emailed to you upon completion of the course.
Please reach out to client support with any questions [email protected].