This specialist course is designed to teach participants the essentials of usability and how to effectively evaluate usability, user experience and accessibility. You will learn how to plan and prepare for usability testing and select the most appropriate testing location and participants. After understanding the application of usability reviews, testing and surveys you will be able to propose the most effective usability testing approach.
This course is ideal for testers experienced with the development of web-based, PC, and client-server applications, entry-level testers with an interest in usability testing, and experienced developers with a lot to a little knowledge of testing who work in UI development. Testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers working on usability issues will find this course useful, informative, and fun. We suggest that attendees hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate, especially if they intend to take the ISTQB Usability Tester exam, but non-certificate holders can benefit from the course.
By the end of this course, an attendee should be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of usability and usability testing.
- Identify and classify the severity of usability risks and potential accessibility violations in a given product at any stage of a development cycle.
- Cite relevant standards for usability, user experience, and accessibility and verify their implementation in a given product.
- Set up procedures so that stated usability, user experience and accessibility goals may be verified in practice for a given product.
- Design and monitor the implementation of a test plan for achieving stated usability, user experience and accessibility goals.
- Explain the rationale, process and results of usability, user experience and accessibility evaluations to non-specialist stakeholders.
- Usability engineers
ISTQB® Certification & Exam
The cost of the class includes an exam voucher for the ISTQB CT-UT exam.* Exam vouchers are distributed at the end of the class. Passing the exam will grant you an ISTQB CT-UT certification.
You must have obtained an ISTQB Foundation Level Certification (CTFL) to be eligible for the ISTQB® Usability Testing (CT-UT).
*This purchase does NOT fall under our Coveros guarantee of retaking the class if you do not pass the exam within 30 days of taking the class. This purchase includes just one (1) exam voucher. All additional vouchers will need to be purchased with an exam provider.