This specialist course is designed to teach participants the essentials of usability and how to effectively evaluate usability, user experience and accessibility. You will learn how to plan and prepare for usability testing and select the most appropriate testing location and participants. After understanding the application of usability reviews, testing and surveys you will be able to propose the most effective usability testing approach.
This course is ideal for testers experienced with the development of web-based, PC, and client-server applications, entry-level testers with an interest in usability testing, and experienced developers with a lot to a little knowledge of testing who work in UI development. Testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers working on usability issues will find this course useful, informative, and fun. We suggest that attendees hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate, especially if they intend to take the ISTQB Usability Tester exam, but non-certificate holders can benefit from the course.
By the end of this course, an attendee should be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of usability and usability testing.
- Identify and classify the severity of usability risks and potential accessibility violations in a given product at any stage of a development cycle.
- Cite relevant standards for usability, user experience, and accessibility and verify their implementation in a given product.
- Set up procedures so that stated usability, user experience and accessibility goals may be verified in practice for a given product.
- Design and monitor the implementation of a test plan for achieving stated usability, user experience and accessibility goals.
- Explain the rationale, process and results of usability, user experience and accessibility evaluations to non-specialist stakeholders.
- Usability engineers
This course prepares you for the ISTQB Usability Testing (CT-UT) exam. After pre-qualification is completed, students will receive an exam voucher. The exam can be taken online from home/office or at a testing center. To schedule a personal certification planning consultation with one of our Training Advocates, contact our Client Support team.